The PhD in education programme deepens learners’ knowledge in education and superior critical thinking skills as it seeks to prepare them for a career as a university researcher, a teacher educator, or an education specialist in both governmental and nonprofit educational organizations. You will develop a deep understanding of a variety of theoretical perspectives, advance research methodology and application, Instructional design, assessments, and curricular approaches. The programme provides participants with competencies to work in schools and research projects locally, nationally, or internationally. It affords graduates the opportunity to join a vibrant community of faculty and students who are expanding the boundaries of theory and research in education.
As you enroll on the PhD programme, you will begin work on your dissertation immediately. The curriculum begins with programs of research to help you determine your topic and incorporates credit-bearing dissertation research seminars with assistance blended into coursework. Expert faculty and advisors provide the right assistance at the right time, when you need it. Each facet of your education builds on the others to take you seamlessly through your program and to your goal of a PhD. Hence, throughout the program, you will build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your doctoral competencies to current and future employers.
Programme Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the programme, graduates should be able to
- Develop methodological, analytical and professional skills in scholarly research
- Acquire a wide scope of theoretical understanding of the topical areas in education to be researched
- Develop wider reasoning and analysis in their areas of specialization
- Conduct independent research without difficulty
- Evaluate, Analyze and conduct relevant research in education.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical leadership